1) What one thing (other than the internet) are you likely to lose hours of your day doing in if time allowed?
Reading! I don't get much time to read my own books (I don't count school books!). Between school and work it was hard enough to find 20 minutes to myself and now with a baby, well...you know! But if I find the time I will be gone, for hours and hours. I'm like my mom in that way and I take that to heart. I believe imagination is important and a good book can really relax me because it takes me away from everything in this reality and puts me in another time and another place. Often, on a bad day of clothes shopping (fat days suck but we all have them) I will give up and go buy a book and it makes the whole day worthwhile!!!
2) What's the best thing that's happened to you in the last month?
Is it sad that that's a hard question to answer? This may sound weird, but going back to school. I feel like I have something to do for myself. I'm so close to earning my degree, I've attended the info session for my teaching program. I'm so close I can taste victory!!! When I am doing schoolwork it's my own hour or so to have quiet time and accomplish a task that's outside of household chores or entertaining a baby. It sound selfish, but it's far better to admit you need those moments than to repress them.
3) What's the worst thing that's happened to you in the last month?
I am reaching a personal limit of exhaustion that I've never known. PPD? Possibly. I find myself on the verge of frustration and limited patience that I've never known...sometimes with my 7 month old child. I don't know who I am sometimes. Between work, school, house chores, a child attached to my hip, etc. While everything I do is necessary, sometimes I feel very blurred. I'm also missing some sleep and I think a few solid nights of uninterrupted snooze would be of great benefit. My husband is helping out as much as he can, but it's very hard for him to relate and for me to explain emotions that I've rarely dealt with before. This is a very trying time for me personally and I'm trying to take it one day at a time and not get overwhelmed.
4) If I were to hand you $3000, what would you do with it?
$1000 to Autumn's savings. $500 for Christmas. $500 debt. $200-300 for new clothes for myself and Shawn...I really don't have a fall wardrobe since last fall/winter I was pregnant. And Shawn goes thru pants like a toddler that plays on the playground everyday thanks to work!!! The rest I would help my friend Heidi finish raising her funds for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and I have a few other friends who are raising funds for various walks. I have a niece due Oct 14th that I'd like to buy something nice for since I usually don't have extra money to spend on those I love. I'd also probably take Shawn out to dinner for a baby-free date.
5) What's your most favorite and least favorite food?
My MOST favorite food? In general I could say ITALIAN! But being more specific, I LOVED stuffed shells. In fact, right after I had Autumn my sister-in-law, Debbie, brought me the MOST AMAZING stuffed shells I've ever had.
My least favorite food? I don't really think I have one. I eat just about anything. I will admit that I've never tried anchovies and I refuse to even try. Most of the time I will try just about anything, but I draw the line there. Just because.
Now, my five people:
My bff & her adorable son Caleb!
Autumn's boyfriend, Demetri;o)
Sara...the blogger I MUST meet one day...b/c we'd be great pals!
This girl just captures my youth! The Girl Can't Help It
This little guy, Faelen, & his mama, Ruth! He's so cute!!
My five questions:
(1) Since you're all female...if you could have a guy's mind for just a minute...what question or piece of understanding would you want to take away from the experience?
(2) What was your favorite childhood place of travel?
(3) Can you pat your head and run your belly at the same time? (DO IT!)
(4) If your life had followed a different path from what it is right now what do you think you would be doing right now? Or perhaps, what do you wish you could have done perhaps in another lifetime?
(5) What is one goal that you've set for yourself to complete in the next year?